Lorry Crane Course
Lorry Crane Course: 2 Things You Should Know
Starting September 2013, lorry crane operators will need certification to operate this heavy equipment. They must undergo and satisfactorily pass a lorry crane course. This course is a practical test that assesses the operators’ ability to use a lorry crane. Additionally, this assessment provides them with the relevant knowledge, skills, and training to manoeuvre this machinery.
Situational awareness and mastery of equipment are essential in lorry crane operations. Drivers must ensure they are medically fit to operate this vehicle in Singapore.
Applicants must pass a Lorry Crane Operator Course (LCOC) and the Lorry Crane Operator Competency Test (LCOCT). After passing these examinations, they will receive their licence. This licence certifies them as a registered crane operator, which is valid for five years. Afterwhich, they will need to attend refresher courses.
1. Requirements To Become A Registered Lorry Crane Operator
According to the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), you must meet the following requirements and conditions to apply as a lorry crane operator:
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You have passed a lorry crane operator course. An accredited training provider (ATP) must issue you a certificate.
- Your lorry crane certificate should be submitted within six months of securing it.
- If you are 50 or above, you must pass a medical examination before applying.
- If you are a foreigner with a Singapore work pass, you should have “Crane and Hoist Operator” listed as your occupation.
- You must have a Class 5 driving licence (if driving a truck-mounted mobile crane).
- You must have a coloured softcopy of your most recent identity card (IC) in JPG format.
2. How To Apply As A Lorry Crane Driver In Singapore
All lorry crane operators in Singapore are considered workplace safety and health (WSH) professionals. This means they can register through the WSH eServices.
Here’s a brief overview of the application process:
- Log in to the WSH eServices portal.
- Upload supporting documents.
- Pay the $20 online processing fee. The MOM will process your application only after payment.
- Check your application status.
You will know the result of your application via postal mail. If successful, the mail will also include a registration card.
Are you hoping to drive a lorry crane in Singapore? Before legally operating this heavy equipment, you must take a driving course and apply for a licence. Lorry crane drivers should have the proper know-how to run this equipment on construction sites for safety and efficiency.
For more information on lorry cranes and other heavy machinery, contact Pollisum. We are the top lorry crane rental service provider in Singapore. We also provide trailers, trucks, tugboats, and barges for your transport and logistics needs. Call us at +65 67557600 to request a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions About Lorry Crane Course In Singapore
To become a lorry crane operator, you will need to sign up for a 2 days WSQ-Operate Lorry Crane Course.
However, to become a proficient operator,, you'll need a minimum of 2-5 years of experience.
On average, a crane operator will earn between $2600 to $3200 monthly in Singapore.
Yes, lorry crane operators encounter challenging situations in their line of work. This is why you'll need considerable practice and professional training before receiving a certificate. However, the work is incredibly rewarding, and crane operators get compensated a generous sum for their services.
An offshore crane is a rotating lifting device placed on a pedestal. Construction sites use this to transfer materials to and from marine vessels and other structures.